Every time I’m home for break, I eat so unhealthy it’s silly..
red-rave asked: hi! I run xc, winter/spring track in high school and I've had trochanteric hip bursitis for about 3 seasons now and NSAIDs don't really work anymore. you mentioned that you had hip bursitis too, so do you have any suggestions or things you did to help recover? I know I can run with it, but after running for long distances it gets so painful! :/
What I can tell you from my experience is dooooon’t run! It’ll make it so much worse. As much as I hate to tell a fellow runner to stop, you need rest. And when you come back, limit your mileage to avoid a reoccurrence.
I did also see a physical therapist who gave me hip-strengthening exercises (clam shells, walking with bands, etc.). You may also be able to get a cortisone shot depending on your doctor, but since you’re in high school, that option is unlikely.
I might also suggest having your doctor or physical therapist take a look at your back. That ended up actually being the source of all my hip misery. And I’ve been great now that I know how to manage it!
Best of luck!
- Male friend: "I was always into your butt anyway."
- Me: "Oh?"
- Friend: "Haha oh yeah."
- Me: "Someone's been checking me out, I see hahaha"
- Friend: "Haha possibly. It's definitely nice to look at."
- Me: "Lol what about my face?"
- Friend: "Your butt caught my interest; your face is what sealed the deal... I'm still really into your butt though haha"
- Me: "You can thank  years of track for that."
- Friend: "By the way, your abs. God damn! You have nice abs lol"
- Drunk confessions put my self confidence through the roof
workforitandjustdoit asked: Hey! Hope your race training is going well even with all the studying, it's so hard i feel you! I was wondering if you could give me some of your PR's? I do triathlon put I'm trying to improve my running and you seem really good :)
Thanks! My PR’s are a little all over the place, but here goes: LJ- 17 ft, 55- 7.98, 100- 13.0, 200- 27.05, 400- 59.0, 500- 1:21.54, 800- 2:19.0, 5k- 21:34.6, 6k- 25:48.24